giovedì 30 settembre 2010

277 - Judging the Future

277 - Judging the Future: "

YOUNG SPY GAL


If you'd like to know more about Spy Gal's younger years, might I recommend her origin, currently running on Tuesdays in SuperFogeys Origins with art by the talented Lee Cherolis? Check it out right now!


CHANGE IN THE APPROACH TO THE COLORING


I don't know if any of you noticed, but this week and last week's strips mark a slightly new approach to the coloring of SF. Cel-shading is a technique I've always loved but have been hesitant to use because of the time it takes to do it. I've done it sporadically, when I felt like a strip called for it, but otherwise SF has always been colored with fairly flat colors.


In Chapter 9, Head Games, I decided to start doing cel-shading on close-ups. Then, for the last strip, the BIG reveal, I did the whole thing in cel-shading because it just looked better that way and that strip was a big deal. I wasn't too far into this current chapter that I decided the shading improved the art so much that I needed to do it for everything. I've also gotten quite a bit faster at it, so that helps.


What do you think? Do you like the look? I do. Not promising I'm gonna be able to keep it going indefinitely, but for now I'm running with it to see where it takes me. Wait until you see next Thursday's strip.


NEXT WEEK:


On Tuesday, stuff blows up and people walk away from it silently. That's right, the action heats up big time in Spy Gal's origin. Trust me, you don't want to miss this one.


Then, on Thursday, be back here as Young Spy Gal shows our crew something that will make their jaws drop.

"

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento