giovedì 30 settembre 2010

Gutters: Issue #36 - Guy Allen

Gutters: Issue #36 - Guy Allen: "

I'm not exactly sure how it landed on my desk, but somehow I found myself reading the first issue in the new Invaders mini series, put out by Marvel and Dynamite.


I can understand the desire to bring back characters and affiliations from the golden age of comics, while telling new stories about old events (because if we lack anything in comics, it's World War II stories), but it didn't really do much for me. It did, however, get me thinking about what would have happened had someone steered these heroes towards the real target.


If you're not familiar with Guy Allen's work by now, I don't know what to tell you. He's become a staple to Gutters in our short publication history, but I have a feeling he'll be around for quite some time to come.



Guy Allen is an illustrator/ designer working professionally in the field for over 4 years. A graduate of the College for Creative Studies in Detroit, MI, Guy majored in Illustration, while simultaneously having 'on the side' relationships with Industrial and Graphic Design. Guys past work can be seen in many places including print, web and too many commercials to count; from automotive to baked beans commercials , Guy has done them all and has a client list to prove it.



We'll see you on Friday, folks.


-sohmer




"

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento