lunedì 20 settembre 2010

Issue #42 - Ben Walker

Issue #42 - Ben Walker: "

The Ultimate X-men aside, I have a very fond place in my heart for the Ultimate Universe. It was that re-invention a decade ago that brought me back into the comic book fold, and for that, I'm quite grateful.


Ultimate Spider-Man still ranks as one of my all time favorite series, with the Ultimates very close behind.


I was of course quite pleased to hear about Marvel's plans to take us readers into the origins of Ultimate Thor. Granted, I'm sure it has more to do with the upcoming release of the Thor film, yet I'm looking forward to it quite the same.


Will it showcase a young Thor in high school?


Most likely not, but it was amusing to ponder the situation none the less.


Today's fun take was drawn by a Mr Ben Walker:



Ben Walker is an artist and illustrator living in Fair Oaks, California. His paintings of bears with guns, singing cowboys, flying machine operators, and other odd inhabitants of The Old West have shown in galleries throughout The U.S.. Walker is also the creator of an alternative life drawing studio called Pompsicle where artists gather to draw from costumed models and “real life characters” like furries, roller-girls, and break dancers.



Have a great weekend, and we'll see you on Monday. And yes, we do allow comments now.


-sohmer




"

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento