lunedì 11 ottobre 2010

#231 – “Emergence”

#231 – “Emergence”: "






I know it’ll probably come across as a tad bloom-heavy, but that’s really part the intention – after fumbling about in darkness for so long (roughly about 75 pages), I really just wanted a sense of stepping out into the bright light. Not only because we’re stepping out of the deadmines, but also because we’re stepping out of a chapter that’s lasted over a hundred pages.


It’s fair to say that I never expected Chapter Five to go on for so long – the main culprint being the Deadmines, which I really wanted to do something with. The much earlier visit to Blackfathom Deeps happened during the very first chapter, and I really wanted to just go all out and see how much I’d learned since then, and how much further I could go with it. The result was a dungeon crawl that.. almost has taken an entire year for me to plow through – when we saw the group take their first steps into that house hiding the mine entrance.. it was november last year.


My standing intention is for chapter lengths to return to the more normal around thirty pages in the future, but we’ll simply have to see. In the meantime, we have places to go to.



"

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento